The 2011 Raccoon River Conference wrestling tournament, held Saturday in Winterset, produced a repeat champion as Ballard walked away with the title. Dallas Center-Grimes wound up third and Adel-DeSoto-Minburn was fifth in the meet. Both DC-G and A-D-M wound up with one champion.
The Mustangs’ Zach Bauer captured the heavyweight crown with a 3-1 win over Ballard’s Clinton Eichlinger, while A-D-M’s Keegan Mumma captured the 135-pound crown with a 9-6 win over Perry’s Drew Niebuhr. Ballard had six individual champions. Tanner Weatherman (14 @ 171) helped lead the way for Ballard.
FINAL TEAM STANDINGS
- 103 – (First) Mason Miller, W, beat Dalton Mourlam, Bo, major decision, 18-4.
- 112 – (First) Mitchell Broer, Bal, beat Seth Stetzel, P, 5-4.
- 119 – (First) Dillon Hansen, Bal, beat Ryan Krugler, 5-2.
- 125 – (First) Ronnie Harrison, S, beat Alex Clark, Bo, 6-0.
- 130 – (First) Toby Rains, P, beat Matt Taylor, D, technical fall, 18-0.
- 135 – (First) Keegan Mumma, A, beat Drew Niebuhr, P, 9-6.
- 140 – (First) Wil Stetzel, P, beat Tyson Bowman, W, major decision, 17-6.
- 145 – (First) Bo Cosens, Bal, pinned Jackson VanKirk, P, 4:26.
- 152 – (First) Tanner Hiatt, Ba, pinned Jon Wright, W, 4:00.
- 160 – (First) Taylor Bemer, Carr, beat Brad Mickelson, Ba, 12-9.
- 171 – (First) Tanner Weatherman, Ba, pinned Jordan Grove, A, 0:43.
- 189 – (First) Ross Larson, Ba, pinned Ryan Onstot, Carl, 1:56.
- 215 – (First) Kane Seeley, P, pinned Troy Brown, Carl, 2:53.
- 285 – (First) Zach Bauer, D, beat Clinton Eichinger, Ba, 3-1.
For complete results click here